The Center for Educational Excellence (CEE) promotes excellence in teaching and learning at Eastern Connecticut State University and in the Connecticut State University System (CSU). The goals of CEE are to support faculty in the following areas:
- Enhancing excellence in teaching.
- Enhancing the effective use of technology in teaching and research.
- Promoting scholarly research and creative activities.
- Enhancing professional and service activities, including service learning.
- Sponsoring support programs for special faculty groups, such as orientation, workshops, and social events for new faculty.
The Center for Educational Excellence houses two main programs: 1) faculty and professional support services and 2) The First Year Program. CEE also works closely with and is located next door to the Center for Instructional Technology (CIT). CIT provides hands-on technology support for faculty on an individual, small group, and departmental basis. In addition, CEE works with the Eastern Grants Office to make funding opportunities and information available to faculty and staff.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit. — Aristotle