What are some of the advantages of taking CLEP exams? You can:
- Test out of courses.
- Get credit for what you already know.
- Shorten the time to a degree.
- Save tuition dollars; if passed, and gives you 3 to 12 college credits!
The study guides for the most popular CLEP Tests are now available at the Eastern Bookstore.
CLEP Examinations Schedule. The link prior will take you to a page containing the CLEP exam dates offered by Eastern Connecticut State University.
CLEP Examinations Available. The link prior will take you to a page containing the list of CLEP exams offered by Eastern Connecticut State University. It includes the equivalent credits and passing scores.
CLEP exams are given once a month at our 2 sites: Main Campus (Willimantic) and Groton. Contact the School of Continuing Education at (860) 465-5125 for more information or stop by the School of Continuing Education office in Shafer Hall, Room 100 (Main Campus - Willimantic, CT) to pick up an information packet.
Main Campus (Willimantic) CLEP Test Center #3966
Groton CLEP Test Center #8734
Due to the administration of CLEP exams on computers, there are a limited number of spaces available for each test date. You are advised to register as early as possible.
To register for a CLEP exam to be taken at one of Eastern Connecticut State University's 2 sites, you must:
- Complete the registration form.
- Return it with a credit card (Eastern accepts only Mastercard, Visa, and Discover for CLEP registration fee), check or money order made payable to ECSU for a non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 for an Eastern student and $60.00 for a Non-Eastern student. (There is a surcharge for returned checks.)
- CLEP exam fee is $80.00 payable on the day of the exam by credit card (preferred method of payment), or check or money order made payable to CLEP. Your check or money order must be dated no more than three months earlier than the exam date. Bring CLEP payment with you on examination day. Cash will not be accepted.
- After your application is received, a letter confirming the date, time and location will be emailed to you.
Please Note: If you do not receive a score on the CLEP test that will enable you to obtain credit for the course, you must wait six months (180 days) in order to retake the same test.
You will be allowed to reschedule only ONCE for the next available date. Failure to reschedule and/or appear for your scheduled test will require you to re-register and again pay the non-refundable registration fee. The deadline for rescheduling your exam is TWO WEEKS before the examination date. The office wants to be able to offer your space to another student if you decide to reschedule.
The day of the test you must bring two forms of ID with you and one form must be a picture ID. If you do not have appropriate identification you will not be allowed to take the test. (Please note below that a credit card, social security card and an employee ID are no longer appropriate forms of Secondary Identification) Also, your name must be spelled exactly the same on both IDs.
You will need to bring either two IDs from the Primary list below, or one ID from the Primary list and one from the Secondary list.
Acceptable Primary IDs: (Must be a government issued ID card and include name, signature, and recognizable photograph)
- Current driver's license
- Current state or federal ID card
- Current passport
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Secondary IDs: (Must contain either a picture or a signature)
- Current student ID
- Military ID (Common Access Card)
- Library card
You may register for only one CLEP exam per test date. Please, call (860) 465-5125 or toll free (877) 353-3278 with any questions.
Mail Application and Payment to:
School of Continuing Education
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Shafer Hall, Room 100
Willimantic, CT 06226-2295
You may also download the CLEP Registration Form (PDF) and Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF). (Adobe Acrobat Reader required) If paying by credit card you may fax both the registration form and the credit card authorization form to (860) 465-0062.
Visit www.collegeboard.com for more information about CLEP exams.