1. Put together all your materials for reviews, notes, charts, glossaries, corrected assignments, corrected tests and quizzes.
2. Make sure you have scheduled enough time to study for each exam.
3. Take advantage of the tutoring services at the Academic Services Center
4. Go to any review sessions, ask questions about anything you don't have a clear understanding of, ask what will be on the exam--it can't hurt. Take any additional handouts meant as study guides.
5. Always attend the last class prior to the exam. There may be items mentioned then that you'll need to focus on.
6. If you belong to a study group, set up practice quizzes. Discuss everything that could be on the test.
7. Create a study sheet checklist to go over important information and then check off each item as you review them.
8. Remember to eat just enough before the exam, so you will have energy.
9. Remember to go to the rest room before the exam.
10. Try to get a good night's sleep prior to your final.
11. Set two alarms so you will wake on time. Place these alarms beyond your reach, across the room.
12. Arrive at the room for the test at least five minutes early.
13. Good luck!
If you would like to see how to organize your notes, please, go to
To check out the Academic Services Center, go to http://www.easternct.edu/asc/
--This message courtesy of Susan Crowley, Webmaster