What is a Study Tour?
It's an Eastern educational adventure, studying for a course in a real life setting in another part of the country or in another country, usually over one to five weeks. Please, see the upcoming Study Tour to Spain as an example.
SUMMER STUDY IN
May 28 - June 25, 2010
The total cost of the program is approximately $4100* (exchange rate between USA $ and EU Euro, subject to fluctuations) which includes:
- Airfare: Boston - Alicante - Boston
- Room and board with a host family and three meals per day
- Tuition for up to 6 credits
- Intensive courses in language, literature and culture
- Required textbooks and some additional materials
- Transcripts for course work completed with a passing grade
- Guided tours of Alicante and nearby sites
- Health insurance
Provides an intensive four-week, twenty hours per week program of formal study, and opportunity for an experience of total immersion in Spain's social life, culture and regional customs, in one of its best Mediterranean provinces. Alicante is located on a beautiful bay, at the center of the Costa Blanca, a major seashore resort with a rich and diverse cultural life. No previous knowledge of Spanish is required. Upon arrival in Alicante, students undergo a two-day session of cultural and academic orientation which includes a placement test. Classes are small--about eight students--and taught by the faculty at the host institution, Colegio Internacional, Instituto de Estudios Hispanicos. Departmental approval needed for registration. Limited space.
*tentative dates and price, subject to change
The course that goes with this trip is SPA 365: Selected Topics in Language, Literature, and Culture. There will be an informational meeting on Thurs., Feb. 25th at 4 pm in Webb Hall. Room to be determined. Please, call 860-465-0207 with any questions or if you are interested in going on this Study Tour.
Other upcoming trips are:
1. Greece, summer 2010 Still looking for more students.
2. Spain, summer 2010 Still looking for more students.
3. Italy, summer 2010 Full
4. Jamaica, spring, 2010 Full
5. London, England, summer 2010 Full
6. Ghana, Africa, summer 2010.
Visit http://continuingeducation.easternct.edu/StudyTours-home.html for information about Study Tours. Call 860-465-0207 for the latest information.
-From the Webmaster