The Student Government Association is looking for candidates for the upcoming spring elections. All interested students are invited to attend an informational meeting on March 15, 2010 at 3 p.m. in the Student Center in room 115. At this meeting they will receive more information about the election process and the rules and regulations of campaigning.
Applications are due on April 2nd and must be submitted to the email@example.com email account by 5 p.m. The qualifications to run for the various positions are listed below:
• Senator- must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
• Executive Board Member (with the exception of President) - been a member of the senate for one full semester OR served one full semester as President or Vice President of an on campus student organization that has been around for at least 2 years, have a cumulatve GPA of 2.5 or higher, and have 60 completed credits by the time of elections
• President- been a member of the senate for one full semester
• Board of Trustees Student Representative: have a cululative GPA of 2.67, achieved 45 credits
• Senior Class Committee: President, VP, Secretary, Treasure, Senior-at- Large (2 positions) - anyone interesting in running must be a Senior in Fall 2010, a full time student and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.0 There are also 3 Junior-at-Large positions. Students interested in running must be a Junior in Fall 2010, a full time student and have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.0.
Applications will be accepted on April 5th at the SGA meeting at 3 p.m. in Student Center 107. After the candidates have been announced campaigning will begin. A meet the Candidate Hour will be held on April 7th in the Student Center lobby at 3 p.m.
For more information regarding the SGA Elections, please refer to the Student Government Association web page.